I’d love to share my delicious Quinoa Zucchini Carrot Loaf recipe with you. I made this loaf a while ago from scratch and it turned out to be super yummy! I’d honestly recommend giving it a go. You can have it for breakfast or as a snack during a day. It’s a great substitute for wheat-based bread; it is vegan, sugar free, gluten free and dairy free.
Quinoa Zucchini Carrot Loaf Ingredients
- 1 zucchini (medium size)
- 1 carrot (medium size)
- 1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4-5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- a handful of pumpkin seeds
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tsp of oregano
How to make Quinoa Zucchini Carrot Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 175C degrees.
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk (unsweetened) in a glass, refrigerate for 10-15min until it has jelly-like texture.
- Rinse quinoa with (filtered) water first, then drain and cook it.
- Cut zucchini in half. Remove zucchini seeds with a spoon. Grate zucchini and carrot. Place them in a big bowl.
- Chop walnuts in small pieces. Blend cashew nuts and almonds in a blender until they have a breadcrumb-like texture. Add all the nuts in a bowl.
- Once quinoa has cooled down a bit, add it in a bowl.
- Add sea salt, oregano, softened coconut oil and chia jelly in a bowl.
- Mix everything together properly.
- Place the mixture on a loaf tray (with baking paper). Make sure you press it down with your hands properly.
- Sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on the top.
- Bake the loaf for 45-60mins. Let it cool down and keep it in a fridge before serving.
- Store it in a fridge for 5-7 days.
Enjoy the loaf as is or with some fresh tomato and avocado!
I get inspired by recipes that I find from magazines and online but I love doing my own thing or at least giving my own touch to recipes. I think that’s cooking and baking at its best and it’s very rewarding! See some more gluten free bread recipes here.
Love, Jonna x
Jonna Haataja is a wellness coach and personal trainer from Finland. She currently lives in Perth, Australia. She is passionate about healthy active lifestyle, nutritious food, exercise, yoga and helping others. Follow her on Instagram: @jonnahaataja.